Drinking water production
Producing drinking water requires large-scale purification systems comprising pumps, various filters and piping systems. Many of these components are made of carbon steel and have to be protected against corrosion. The coatings used for drinking water production have to meet very strict requirements, though. For instance, they must not contain any harmful substances or release harmful substances into the water.
A coating must of course offer a long-term protection. By a fluidized bed process we apply the Kiwa, DVGW/KTW and WICS-certified coatings, Rilsan® and Resicoat® , to both new and used piping and accessories.
- Corrosion protection
- Chemical resistance
- KIWA certified
- Insulating and conductive
Frequently asked questions
Electrostatic powder spraying has the following advantages:
- It is possible to provide specific parts or surfaces of the component with a coating
- Complex parts can be coated
- The layer thickness can be adjusted by the amount of layers
- More colors can be selected with this technique
Both small and large parts can be provided with a coating using a fluidized bed. Especially pipe sections, couplings and fittings are provided with coatings using this technique. Kersten has options to cover parts with a length of 6 meters and a diameter of approximately 1.5 meters within this process
The following coatings are suitable for application by means of fluidized bed coating:
Parts used for production or transport of drinking water must be Kiwa certified. This is applicable for all coatings that are in contact with drinking water during the production process.
The official Kiwa Evaluation Guidelines form a quality system which guarantees the good quality of the coating and the way it will be applied. In addition Kersten is audited several times a year by Kiwa to guarantee the quality.
Kersten has the following Kiwa Evaluation Guidelines, which are necessary for the processing of coatings in the drinking water sector.
- BRL-K746, (application of coating systems for drinking water applications)
- BRL-K759, (coating systems for drinking water applications)
- BRL-K758, (construction guidelines for metal products to be coated)